Thursday 11 June 2009

love a loner

Do you remember that kid at school. no one ever spoke to him and there was always some legend about how he had killed his family with a meat cleaver...

Ok maybe that is a little over zealous. He was just a normal young guy who was socially awkward and wanted friends but was unsure how to go about it. Each lunch he would sit by him self and you and your friends would pass him, maybe occasionally throw him a smile because you felt bad. I know its true because I did it too.

Well i have developed a challenge, the 'Love A Loner Challenge'. The need for more, for change, for a better society is knit within us all. The want to change the world, to rid the world of homelessness, poverty, sickness and malnutrition. To show people love, give them opportunity and a fair go.

As a young person this is your opportunity. one person. one world. change one person. change the world. the 'Love A loner Challenge' has taken that want to change the world and broken it down into a bite size doable opportunity.

you. five days. one loner. go_

Over the next five days I challenge you to find a loner. stop, say hello, be kind, find common ground, hang out and love a loner.





4 comments:

  1. Great idea Reuben!!!!
    - Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really good, I am starting today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know ive read this a hundred times and you, probably alot more, but this is a fantastic idea, I'm starting today! I always smile to try and show acknowledgement but im going to make more of a conscience effort to Love a Loner :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Rueben,
    I love this. Your style of writing is witty and to the point. When I read it I couldn't help thinking about the movie Pay It Forward. I think your idea is gonna be huge.
    Blessings~ Karen
    http://thearmitage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete