Sunday 31 August 2008

My heart bleeds

I am constantly filled with a sense of urgency and a sense of great need. I cannot rid myself of the feelings to move & act immediately.

Time is quickly fading and these feelings only increase. My heart is forever full of pain. Not a physical pain, but a continual heartthrob filled with the tears & stories of thousands. Those we forget and overlook, the faces scared and the hearts forgotten in the race of life as we strive for personal success.

Only now am I beginning to understand the urgency and the need. The calling to do and the cry to act upon what we have been given to do.

We can no longer DO church, we must now BE the church. We must decide if we will continue to be a generation of hype and good intentions. A generation who sang songs and talked of making a difference but never followed through with action.

I have been apart of that generation. I have promised everything and delivered nothing. But I can no longer take part in this. I refuse to increase the status-quo and decrease change.

We must start something new, something REAL. An existence, no longer filled with empty ideas and false hope but an existence full of dreams, full of hope, full of righteousness and full of justice.

A movement, a gathering of like-minded people, a generation consumed with their Maker. A people who will lay down their own agendas for the good of others and the cause of Christ. A people who will stand up and DO something. With no agenda but LOVE…

It is with eminent ease we look upon the great men & women penned on the pages of history and think ‘If I were alive then, I too would have endured for for change. I too would have fought for the abolition of slavery and stood tall for the rights of the blacks.’

But my questions isn’t ‘what would you have done then?’, but rather ‘what will you do now?’ We are living in the history pages of tomorrow. We are the writers and the next generations are the buyers.

It is time to give our all. Lay down our insecurities and tear off our own agendas. We must slap fear in the face and stay true to our calling. Not for recognition or for status, not even for the feeling of humility. But rather because God has called us to establish justice and righteousness into our world. We must live for the thousands without hope, without love and without life.


- Reuben Leigh Skewes

1 comment:

  1. thanks reuben :)
    i like all of yours, their amazing.
    and in the first line of this it says "a sense of urgency" and thats the title of my other one. ahhaah i promise i didnt steal it :)
    see you tonight

    ReplyDelete