Tuesday 16 September 2008

Africa Calling...

Our Generation.

We are a generation of formidable influence, affluence & ability.
The sunset of each day draws close the light of the past and opens up the possibly of a sunrise in the future. A future crying out to be pioneered by a new generation. A gathering of people wanting & determined to live in love and peace.

For too long the common cry for normal has been allowed to prevail.

Within each one of us lays dreams and desires, which must and will be heard. No longer can we allow others to determine our future, but we must band together and decide our future is changeable. A Change of status-quo. A change in poverty. A change in slavery. A change in medical breakthrough and a change in small thinking and capped mindsets.

We have the answers. We are the solution.

I have had Africa on my heart for a time, which can no longer be measured. A country of rich heritage and immense beauty, yet the graveyard of millions, the breeding ground for disease and the training fields of child soldiers.

There is a rotting underbelly to the picturesque communities. That you and I both know has been left for too long.

It's a predominantly intellectual understanding for me at this moment rather than an emotional journey. But a recent family holiday to Southern Africa has certainly stirred my thinking and began to pull my highly-strung heart strings.

I guess I was a sojourner. An outsiders reading a book, a window shopper along the streets of another culture. I found it easy to sympathise with the people but I wasn't there long enough to bleed with them.

Although to bleed is not our job. Our job is to love. I feel it our responsibility to be the change we so passionately talk about. We must start to believe that life can change. Not only for us. But for those that cannot even afford a life.

So where to from here you ask? Well I ask the same. I am determined to make a move. Take a step and pursue a better ‘them’ in-turn making a better ‘me’.

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment