Monday 22 September 2008

how we do anything is how we do everything

To be homeless. it is more then just a physical position. Rather, a way of life, a mind set, possibly the last resort for those who have given up on society and in many cases, themselves. It seems homelessness is a choice decided by ones self. Yet so is every situation we find ourselves in today. a direct result of the series of decisions made to this day.... But that is not my train of thought.

I was raised on 2 'sayings', the first being... 'Everything about you says something about you' and secondly, 'if it's to be, it's up to me'.

These two things have always stuck by me and I feel will continue to determine my decisions till the day I am no more. With those 2 thoughts in tack I also had this thought... 'The measure of any society is how it treats its weakest element. the widows the orphans, the strangers and the homeless'. I believe that how we do anything is how we do everything. and well... if something is to be done it is up to me.

But even after that I was stuck on the disposition of well 'What can I do?' and I have had so many people ask the same question. Where do I go from here? What can I do?

well.. anything and everything you can think of.

- Talk about it.
- Blog about it.
- Read about it.
- Meditate on it.
- Say a prayer.
- Write a cheque.
- Call a MP.
- Call the Mayor.
- Go to benefit.
- Go and talk to someone that is living on the street.
- Meet them.
- Embrace the community.
- Include them.

Invest in this collective consciousness that says compassion is essential.

If it's to be... It's up to me... just a thought

No comments:

Post a Comment